Skip to content
THE FOUR BASIC RULES OF FIREARMS SAFETY
- ALWAYS TREAT EVERY FIREARM AS IF IT IS LOADED
- NEVER POINT A FIREARM AT ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY
- KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON YOUR TARGET
- KNOW YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND
GENERAL SPORTING CLAYS RULES:
- All shooters must check-in at CSEC Range Office before going to any shotgun course.
- All shooters must check-out when finished.
- There is no charge for non-shooting spectators.
- Hunting is prohibited on CSEC Property, all wildlife laws will be enforced.
- NO DOGS/PETS allowed on CSEC Property except by CSEC special use permit.
- All UTV-ATV and foot travel must stay on roads and cart paths. Be sure to leave room for others passing through.
- After shooting each station, you are required to pick up your shotshell hulls and trash and place them into the correct marked containers.
- Smoking in designated areas ONLY. (Located near shipping containers)
- Speed limit on cart paths 15 MPH.
SPORTING CLAYS SAFETY RULES:
- Eye and Ear protection required for ALL shooters and spectators at all times. (spares are available in the Range Office)
- No Shooting of Pistols or Rifles allowed on the clays ranges – Zero Tolerance Policy will be strictly enforced.
- Pointing or allowing a firearm to be pointed (whether loaded or not) at or near another person will result in immediate termination of shooting privileges for the day. Repeat offenders may be banned permanently from CSEC activities.
- No going forward of the shooting stands at any time for any reason (call staff).
- Load and unload firearms inside of shooting stands only. Firearms must be completely unloaded between shooting positions.
- No more than two shells loaded per shotgun at any time.
- No shot sizes larger than 7 ½, shells larger than 2 ¾” or loads exceeding 1 ⅛ oz.
- Firearm barrel length must be a minimum of 18” and have a buttstock.
- At all times when not in the stand and actively engaging targets:
- All Semi-Auto and Pump Action Shotguns must have actions open with the barrel pointed straight up.
- Break Actions may be carried over the shoulder or forearm with the barrel pointed forward and the action open.
- Any firearm carried on a UTV/ATV, firearm must be secured to the vehicle or in case.